Quality Assurance in Healthcare Delivery
12th – 16th March 2018
Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo, Kempton Park Johannesburg, South Africa
Quality health care means doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, for the right person and having the best possible results. Health care quality varies in each country. When it comes to making major health decisions, about health plans, doctors, treatments, hospitals, and long-term care, how can you tell which choices offer quality health care, and which do not. Quality matter. It can be measured, and it can be improved
Quality is the most important aspect of healthcare, yet the Lancet Healthcare Access and Quality Index 2017, ranked South Africa’s healthcare 119 out of 195 countries in the world. According to the health group, health ‘quality’ can be approximated by measuring mortality rates from causes that should not be fatal in the presence of effective medical care. (Business Tech, 19 May 2017). This dire state of the South African healthcare services is concurred by Minister of Health, Hon. Dr. Motsoaledi, who observed that ‘unless there is good quality in public healthcare, will never find leverage in our country’.
There is thus an urgent need to build capacity in the healthcare delivery systems in South Africa and Africa in general by strengthening quality initiatives within healthcare institutions, hospitals and clinics.
- Benefits to Health Care Organizations/Hospitals/Clinics
- Elevate, expand, and standardize quality improvement and patient safety
- Train staff in the latest, most sophisticated quality tools and methods
- Infuse care teams with expertise from newly trained staff
- Strengthen staff support of sustainable improvements
- Help achieve stated quality and safety goals
- Benefits to Delegates/Participants
- Understand and advocate for quality improvement and patient safety
- Become adept at collecting and reporting data
- Use quality data to make changes and monitor performance improvement
- Share tools and strategies with team members
If you would like to register for you and your employees, please complete the attached registration form.
An Early bird discount will be applicable if you book before 15th February 2018, please enquire about the available accommodation option.
Herewith find the attached Workshop information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Fax: +27 12 997 7034 / 7905
F2M: +27 86 508 9550
Cell: +27 72 365 1460
[embeddoc url=”http://mlcscz.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Programme-QUALITY-HEALTHCARE-DELIVERY-IN-THE-PUBLIC-SECTOR-1-Dr-Nelson.pdf” download=”all”]
[embeddoc url=”http://mlcscz.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Booking-form-Macson.pdf” download=”all”]